There is no denying that golf has long been associated with the corporate world. Offering plenty of time to talk on the green and in the clubhouses, the sport provides an opportunity for people to meet and network with those of mutual interests. As the game is often involved with business meetups, it is imperative to dress for the occasion in order to make a positive first impression. Now the question is: what are the protocols?
When it comes to gearing up for golf, there are many aspects that you need to consider. Let’s begin.
Sporting Your Golf Polo Shirt
If the aim is to make a mark, one distinct element that has to be adhered to is style, and golf polo shirts are, hands down, a golfer’s favorite. In addition:
- Wearing your shirt untucked may look cool when you are out for an unplanned outing but don’t let the golf polo shirt hang out of your shorts as it looks shabby. Another reason to keep that shirt tucked-in is to flaunt your simple, but stylish, belt that matches your shoes.
- If you think wearing a baggy shirt makes you look less large, you couldn’t be farther from the truth. Only the right food and right exercise can make one smaller, and an oversized golf polo shirts most certainly won’t help. Yes, it may indeed hurt the prospects tied to the meetup.
- When wearing a crew neck sweater over a golf polo shirt, make sure the collar is tucked in. This will give you a clean, trimmed look. A recommended option, if the season/weather is right.
Sporting Shorts or Trousers
Khakis (shorts and trousers) are the foundation of a golf wardrobe. They are simple, versatile and can never go wrong as they go with almost anything. If you don’t have one, it is time to go shopping. While you can’t go wrong with a pair of casual khaki trousers, here are a few guidelines for wearing shorts:
- Be careful about the length. While too long looks sloppy, too short may look overtly casual. Let the shorts fall just above your kneecaps.
- Avoid cargo shorts. They not only look sloppy, but are also restricted at some golf clubs. So, that pretty much says it all.
- Let the bottom of your golf trousers kiss the show top.
Selecting the Right Accessories
- Your socks should always come to your ankles and must not rise above them.
- The belt loops are there for a reason. Always remember to sport a belt inside them.
- Avoid a contrasting belt, especially if you have a large waist. To draw that unwanted attention away from your waistline, try matching the belt with your shirt or shoes.
- Needless to elaborate; a golf cap and glove are quintessential.
A Word of Advice
Golf is more than a leisure activity and for people who want to stay on top of their game, it is important to familiarize themselves with the various aspects of golf clothing etiquette – whether how to golf polo shirts or selecting suitable accessories. Once that is done, rest assured that you are just a few steps away from a perfect day of golf, and for sure, an impressive appearance